Friday, February 22, 2008

It's A Good Thing Reedijk Isn't Coming...

The latest (and first) issue of The Stand (our school newspaper) came out today, and right on the front cover was an article written by our own Loren Cohen called 'The Podanur Junction' all about the 12 of us and our journey across India. Now, with less then a week to go, we are all realizing how close we actually are, and the excitement and the nervousness doubles every day.
Currently, I am debating with my friend Max Reedijk about the food that we will be eating, in both North and South India, and the only thing we have concluded is that lots of rice will be eaten. And for those of us the like coffee, apparently it is very 'robust'. To quote Max 'It all looks kinda gross'.
The tricky part of this whole trip right now is managing your excitment with the school work that we have to finish before we all leave. I have a whole French speech, a movie on the Italian Unification and for those of us in standard math, a big math test. But this work is all in the back of our minds.
I know that I can't wait to be done with school, so I can give India my full attention.
Next time I write, I have this feeling that I will be at the orphanage saying hello to everybody back home!
-Harry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya Really! Hopefully you won't be in a random hotel in downtown Mississauga!
I'm pretty much addicted to your blog already and I'll be reading it EVERYDAY from Colorado so make sure that you update it more than we did last year!
You guys are going to have an incredible time!
Personally, it didn't hit me that I was going to India until I stepped off the plane in Chennai!
I have lots of letters to give you guys to take! (Good luck finding the girls, we had trouble last year!)
And don't leave without saying bye!
xo
Jess
(from last year's trip)

Justin Medved said...

Trust me when I say.......the food is AMAZING!!!

You are in for a real treat and a incredible experience.

Make a point of posting lots of pictures as often as you can. I know that your parents will appreciate it.

If you want see what it was like two years ago read the post located here: http://yorkindiatrip.blogspot.com/

it will be a nice prep to get into the FFC headspace.

Looking forward to your stories.

Working at the carwash...

Working at the carwash...

Working hard

Working hard

Retreat at Brickell's Cottage

Retreat at Brickell's Cottage